We manufacture biometric passports that are among the most secure in the world and which meet the appropriate ICAO 9303 (MRTD) standards, for countries on four continents.
In addition to the passport production, in which we have been involved since 1991, we also provide complete turnkey solutions for passport issuance, including data enrolment and management, AFIS, personalisation solutions, public key infrastructure (PKI), document issuance, central registers and complete eGovernment solutions.
All types of passports produced by CETIS support one (or more) protections and authentications: BAC, SAC, EAC and AA/PA (in accordance with customer's requirements).
We can provide a completely customised solution according to your needs and in respect of standards:
- polycarbonate or paper data page;
- over 80 security elements;
- different materials;
- chip integrated into the polycarbonate or chip integrated into the covers;
- different bindings.
Graphic design for passport
Due to our many years of experience in security document design, as part of our complete solution and due to comprehensive support, we can also provide graphic design for passports.
Our experts prepare design solutions in close collaboration with the client, using the relevant certificates in the field of the application of security software design, knowledge of international standards, good practices and trends. They pay special attention to the identity of the country or the city and to the values of the residents.
Types of passports
CETIS manufactures two types of biometric passports and provides all supporting services:
- Passport with polycarbonate data page with chip integrated into the polycarbonate or chip integrated into the covers. Personal data including the picture are engraved with a laser into the material; data are written in the chip.
- Passport with paper data page with chip integrated into the covers. Personal data including colour picture are printed with Inkjet technology and protected with a special security layer (SCM – CETIS Security Multilayer). All data are written in the chip.
A variety of over 80 different security elements meeting the latest technology and international standards combined with high quality materials guarantee the production of highly secure and durable documents. Our experienced professionals can advise you which security elements will best suit your needs.
- Level 1: Visible security features; no special devices are needed to recognize them
- Level 2: Invisible security features; simple devices are needed to recognize them
- Level 3: High-level invisible security features; visible only with special devices in laboratories
Security multilayer protection of paper data page
CETIS security multilayer protection for a passport data page provides optimum security for travel documents against forgery.
This additional security multilayer protects personal data written on the paper data page of a passport. It differs from other data page protection by its touch verification feature. CSM is disintegrated by chemicals or temperature in the event of an attempt to breach personal data. An attempt at fraud is visible to the naked eye. Once removed, the security multilayer protection cannot be reused.
Explore all products of Security Printing Solutions
News and events
CETIS is extending its product range with engraving of high-quality lamination plates. The start of production will be announced at IDENTITY WEEK 2019 in London. More
We are kindly inviting you to visit us at the 5th Annual Meeting of the ID4Africa Movement at the Emperors Palace Convention Centre in Johannesburg, at the stand D1 between 18-20 June 2019. More
We are kindly inviting you to visit us at the IDENTITY WEEK in the ExCeL, London, UK, at the stand S9 between 9-11 June 2020. More
We kindly invite you to visit us at Intergraf’s SecurityPrinters 2019, which connects technological innovators and institutional end users since 1976, in Copenhagen, Denmark, between 23–25 October 201 More
Are you looking for quality solutions and a reliable partner?